Thursday 29 March 2012

Club Night 23rd March

Steve and I decided to try out the Trafalgar rules from Warhammer historical, using some modifications that David Manley had published in Wargames Illustrated. It was never going to be as detailed as Signal Close Action or similar rules, but for me it was far more satisfying to play. I am not a sailor and so the more complex rules often baffle me or I spend more time fighting the rules than my opponent. With these I could move my ships more freely as if I did know how to sail them and spend far more time fighting with them than against them.

For me it felt realistic enough and played as what I think of when I considered Napoleonic Naval warfare. My only disappointment is that they are still line of battle rules and I would like a simple set f rules for frigate actions so I can play at being Hornblower!

No comments:

Post a Comment