Monday 31 August 2009

Club Night 26th and 28th August

On Wednesday Luke, Duncan and I gathered for a game of the Doom boardgame that had provided us with the rules for our club show game. Although I had played the very similar fantasy game, Descent, this was the first time I had played Doom. And very fun it was too. Duncan and I managed to complete mission 1 with only a couple of deaths each! By the end of the game I had found a BFG, but seemed to be unable to hit anything with it, but if I used a trusty chainsaw I could carve through anyting Luke threw at us!

On Friday, Duncan and I dusted off Advanced Heroquest and had a little game. Other than Duncans quite appalling luck againnst my repeated critical hits it was not hugley memorable, but was a hell of a lot of fun. So much we are going to try and start off a campaign by doing one game a month on our tuesday nights. Lets hope we can actually keep it going.

And on a final note, I have finally buckled! I am not a massive fan of Space Hulk and was only mildly interested when it was announced, but those Blood angels figures are GORGEOUS! So I will be adding two more Terminator squads to my blood Angels army when it arrives later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment